Situated in a peaceful valley, Bozava is a pleasant tourist destination...
BOZAVA, a village and small harbour on the north-eastern coast of the island of Dugi Otok (Long Island), next to the rather uncultivated Bozava field. The low coast, consisting of limestone, is surrounded by a pine forest. In the vicinity is the island of Zverinac.
Situated in a peaceful valley, Bozava is a pleasant tourist destination. It is the most developed seaside resort on the island, with a hotel complex and several catering establishments. Apart from bathing and pleasant walks, visitors may enjoy numerous sports and recreational activities: yachting, windsurfing, boating and canoeing, table tennis, tennis, basketball, boccia, cycling. Bozava is a famous diving centre with a diving school. Numerous entertainment programs are offered, as well as half-day or one-day excursions all over the island.
Bozava was first mentioned in 1327 under the name Bo-sane. It is assumed that the parish church dates back to the 9th century; it houses three Gothic processional crucifixes from the 14th and the 15th centuries (works by Zadar goldsmiths Stjepan and Pavao Petrov Kotoranin). The graveyard church of St. Nicholas was built in the 9th or 10th century (fragments of the altar partition from early Croatian times; the lintel with the St. Nicholas relief and the inscription 1469; the Gothic wooden crucifix from the 15th c.). On top of the Nediljno peninsula is a small church of St. Nediljica (Holy Trinity), mentioned in the 13th century. On a small hill of Dumbovica is the church of the Nativity of Our Lady. Along some houses on the coast one can see their yards enclosed by stone fences, with loopholes, built in the 18th century for the purpose of defence against the pirates.
get the best deal
& the best yacht